- Linguistics Graduate Student Association: The Linguistics program’s student organization, open to all students (grad and undergrad) interested in linguistics.
- Linguistic Society of America: holds a conference each January and a summer institute every other year.
- Linguist List: many resources, including a mailing list, computer tools (like IPA fonts), job listings and more.
- Ethnologue: SIL International’s catalogue of world languages.
- Linguistics Data Consortium: Creates and shares linguistic resources: data, tools and standards.
- UCLA Phonetics Lab Data
- International Phonetic Association
Commonly Used Forms
Note that the following forms all have deadlines which vary from semester to semester. The Graduate Studies website maintains Deadlines for Completing a Master’s Degree.
- Application for Graduation: Download from Graduate Studies website. To be filed the semester of graduation by students who have an approved ATC on file.
- Advancement to Candidacy (Formerly GAP): Fill out and submit this form at the beginning of your penultimate semester.
- Culminating Experience Proposal: Submit with ATC.
- ATC Substitution: use this form to make changes to your ATC after it is on file.
- Committee Revision
- Petition for Waiver of Graduate Program Regulations
- Request for Graduate Program Transfer Unit Evaluation
More forms for graduate students are available from the Graduate Studies website.
- Office of Protection for Human and Animal Subjects: Students planning research involving human subjects can familiarize themselves with the requirements and procedures for applying for approval to do so on this site.
- CSA Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (accessible only to SFSU students and faculty): A searchable database of linguistics and related abstracts, with links to search the SFSU Library for the availability of articles.
Information on Cross-Enrollment: Students at SFSU can take one course per semester at University of California, Berkeley, at no additional cost. Discuss your options and how these courses might fit into your program with your adviser.
- Funding for Conferences: Students who present at conferences may apply for funding from SFSU to cover travel expenses.