Commonly Used Forms for Graduate Students
Note that the following forms all have deadlines which vary from semester to semester. The Graduate Studies website maintains: Continuing Student Deadlines.
- Application for Graduation: Download from Graduate Studies website. To be filed the semester of graduation by students who have an approved ATC on file.
- Advancement to Candidacy: Fill out and submit this form at the beginning of your penultimate semester.
- Culminating Experience Proposal: Submit with ATC.
- ATC Substitution (PDF): use this form to make changes to your ATC after it is on file.
- Committee Revision (PDF)
- Petition for Waiver of Graduate Program Regulations (PDF)
- Request for Graduate Program Transfer Unit Evaluation (PDF)
More forms for graduate students are available from the Graduate Studies website.
- Office of Protection for Human and Animal Subjects: Students planning research involving human subjects can familiarize themselves with the requirements and procedures for applying for approval to do so on this site.
- CSA Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (accessible only to SF State students and faculty): A searchable database of linguistics and related abstracts, with links to search the SF State Library for the availability of articles.
Students at SF State can take one course per semester at University of California, Berkeley, at no additional cost. Discuss your options and how these courses might fit into your program with your adviser.
Cross-Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Funding for Conferences (PDF): Students who present at conferences may apply for funding from SF State to cover travel expenses.