Monday, May 22, 2023 Graduation Ceremony Information
For Graduates of Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023
Graduation is quickly approaching! We will hold an English Department Graduation Ceremony on Monday, May 22, 2023, and you are invited!
APPLY TO GRADUATE
Remember: you must apply for graduation by Monday, May 1, 2023, if you want to attend the English department's ceremony and program. We are inviting Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 graduates.
DEPARTMENT GRADUATION CEREMONY
Date: Monday, May 22
1:00 pm - Graduates line up at Knuth Hall.
2:00-3:30 pm - Graduation Ceremony at McKenna Theater, Creative Arts building on campus. McKenna Theater doors open at 1:15 pm for guests.
4:00 pm - Light reception outside of McKenna Theater, sidewalk area near Holloway Ave.
1. Everyone (faculty, students, and guests) is required to have a ticket to attend the department graduation. There is no charge for tickets. During the week of April 3, you will receive an email from the LCA box office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with details about how to request tickets.
2. Each graduate will have a limit of up to 6 tickets, not including yourself.
3. If you need more than 6 tickets, you will have the option, on the LCA box office website, to be put on a waitlist for more tickets. If you do not need your allocated tickets, you will have the option to give back any tickets you do not need so that others can use them.
- Faculty and graduates will process into the theater and sit on the stage in McKenna.
- Your name will be read by the coordinator of your respective program. All BA graduates will cross the stage and be congratulated by their coordinator and the department chair. MA graduates will be hooded by their coordinators.
- Please arrive no later than1:00 pm. Wear your cap and gown. You will line you up by program and in the order your names will be called.
- Caps and gowns are required and can be rented from the SFSU bookstore.
- OPTIONAL – Share a photo of yourself for our graduation slideshow!
We will create a slideshow featuring the names of graduating students, to be played before the ceremony begins, and posted to our department website. When you are ordering tickets on the box office website, you will have the option to share a selfie or bitmoji to be posted along with your name and degree.
Congratulations! We can't wait to celebrate with you!
For more information, please contact us at: